ASTRA is a high-end EFT Switch from MAXIMUS that is built on scalable technology architecture to support ATM, POS and online channels. This PA-DSS certified application is scalable at hardware level to support a large number of channel devices. MAXIMUS offers EFT Switching as a Managed Services offering from its state-of-the-art, PCI-DSS certified, Tier III Data Centre having full BCP capabilities.
The EFT Switch is flexible by design and therefore, can be customized and/or enhanced easily. Its modular architecture supports integration with external systems without difficulty. ASTRA supports interfaces with different HSM modules (Thales, Safenet and others) and can be connected to multiple payment networks like RuPay, Visa and MasterCard. It communicates seamlessly with any NDC or DDC compatible ATM.
ASTRA acts as a terminal controller cum communication gateway to connect customers using the channels to the bank’s host. ASTRA analyses the request received from a customer, processes and converts it into the format understood by the bank’s host and based on the host’s response, the EFT Switch sends the required command to the concerned ATM or other terminal to complete the transaction. Application-level interfaces conforming to ISO 8583 message formats have been established with many CBS applications.
ASTRA enables a bank to connect with another bank’s network or payment network directly or through NFS. On-us, Issuer and Off-us transactions are identified by the EFT Switch and routed to the appropriate destination system.
The MAXIMUS EFT Switch lets the bank or service provider configure the ATM and other terminals remotely by uploading details of various state and screen flows. It further allows them to bring the terminals online or offline remotely, upload currency cassette configuration and requisite critical parameters from a remote machine.
ASTRA comes with a rich suite of real-time alerts and MIS reports for facilitating both reactive and proactive support. Informative dashboards provide insights to talk management on transactions taking place across the different channels. ATM monitoring is also possible with ASTRA.
- Balance Enquiry
- Cash Withdrawal
- Mini Statement
- PIN Change
- Fund Transfer
- Cheque Book Request
- Stop Cheque Request
- Statement Request
- Envelope Deposit
- SMS Alerts
- HSM-based PIN Management
- DES and 3DES Key Maintenance & PIN Management
- TCP/IP Socket Communication
- ISO 8583 Support
- OEM Agnostic (Support for NCR, Diebold, Wincor, Hyosung, Perto, Vortex or any other compatible ATMs)
- ATM Configuration
- Screen Configuration
- Transaction Logs
- User Management
- Multiple Cash Dispense Logic
- Reversal Mechanism
- Multi-lingual Screens
- Online Transaction Monitoring Tools
- Daily / Periodic Transaction Reports
- MIS Reports & Dashboards
- Modular design ensures full investment protection as requirements of the bank grow
- Object-oriented model provides flexibility for making changes and introducing enhancements
- Scalable structure supports growth in installed base of terminals through mere hardware enhancements
- Vendor-agnostic framework gives complete freedom for acquiring best-in-breed terminals
- Remote configuration and monitoring of ATM states bring down support costs
- Open architecture affords easy integration with other networks, broadening service to customers