MAXIMUS MANAGECALL is a software that helps any service organization to streamline its issue-resolution process and create a strong knowledge base for minimizing recurrences of the same issues.
Its intuitive and sleek interface enables users to easily log in, track, update and close support calls. The best feature of the software is that the application is completely web-based and does not require any client application to be installed.
The core module is integrated with Contact Management and Asset/Project Management modules, which helps keep track of the support call history. Further, the alerts engine automatically alerts and escalates any pending support calls/tasks according to the pre-defined escalation hierarchy (based on the organization or support category’s structure). Complete event logs of all support calls with their progress details and alerts history are available for the managers and application administrators for further analysis.
Field support organizations are further benefited by the software’s interface with personal digital assistants (PDAs) and mobile phones. Armed with these devices, the field support engineers can receive alerts, view and update the status of the support tickets. The PDAs and mobile phones facilitate distributed operations by the field engineers, who have to travel to various sites. They can receive and update support ticket details without returning to their offices.
- Organization Structure: Allows the system administrator to set up the complete organization hierarchy/tree, which automatically establishes the escalation path.
- Support Team Structure: Allows team structure to be defined for various support categories to which any active ticket can be linked.
- Project/Asset Module: Allows creation of complete configuration management database, metadata about each asset, including the model, installation date, location, site-specific configuration information, installation notes, special instructions or conditions. Support tickets can be tracked with the help of this module.
- Customizable Item fields: For every asset, product or project, the attributes can be customized. For any support issue, the user can define his/her own field list together with their data types.
- Contact Management Module: Captures complete details about the customer and users along with site contact information. Information can be categorized by department, role or function in the customer organization.
- Log Support Call/Create Ticket: Anyone with a valid login to the system can raise a ticket on behalf of a user/customer or directly post the issue. Even customers can be provided with web login from which they can report and get updates regarding support request progress.
- Ticket Re-direction: Ticket re-direction between various departments is possible where an issue has been wrongly identified in a certain category.
- Ticket Escalation & SLAs: Tickets follow an automatic escalation path in case they are not attended to or resolved within the stipulated time. This also can be based on common service level agreements (SLAs) and customer-based SLAs. The escalation can also be determined by other parameters like criticality of the issue or occurrence.
- Ticket Closure: Apart from capturing all the information relating to actions or activities with regard to a ticket, the software also provides interfaces for capturing summarized information relating to steps taken during the resolution process, agreed resolution, customer feedback and closing comments from the teams and their managers.
- AMC tracking and Billing for Spares and Service: AMC information relating to each Asset/Project/Product/Installation can be fed into the system. Cost of support call can be calculated based on the services rendered and spares used.
- GUI-rich HTML editor: Description of the issue and further status updates can be made descriptive with the help of HTML editor, which provides for required highlighting, inserting of images and other rich editing features. Multiple document attachment support is another highlight of the software.
- Time Tracking Capabilities: It is very important for an organization to track the time spent in resolving an issue, as well as track the overall time spent by each of its support executives or field engineers or managers. The system provides for time sheets to be filled in for each such time-based activity. Most of the data gets generated or captured at the support ticket level itself when the field engineer or support executive updates the status of the support ticket. The field engineer/support executive can also provide various pre-defined reason codes for delay or deviation in the resolution process along with the details of the deviations. The time data generated thus can be used in various analysis reports, which enables the organization to plan and meet SLAs in a better and organized manner.
- Reports: Apart from providing various graphical reports, the system also provides for a lot of text-based reports which can be exported in standard formats for further analysis or consumption into third party systems.
- Advanced Search Functionality: The advanced search functionality allows users to search through open and closed tickets across various support categories, especially through the knowledge database.
- Knowledge Base: The system supports setting up of guidance articles for common technical and business issues. Knowledge base articles also support attachments using which documents, videos and other rich content can be provided. FAQs and Tips & Tricks can be provided and organized into categories and sub-categories. These help the field engineers or support executives to locate information relating to known issues. This cuts down huge R&D time for the support and technical staff. Further, any closed support issue can be dumped to the knowledge base as an article under a relevant category. The search functionality allows data to be searched for and located easily.
- Customer Self-Service Module: Customers can also be given login to the system using which they can create, update and track status of the support tickets. The updates posted by the support executives or field engineers against the support request can be marked as “hidden from customer”, giving the flexibility of determining which status has to be reported to the customer and which one needs to be controlled.
- Support for PDAs and mobiles: The application has an extended PDA/mobile phone module which helps field engineers to access and update the support call status in real-time. Field engineers can view all data relating to support calls, access knowledge base and refer to product specifications, service history and product diagrams, which accelerates resolution of support calls onsite.
- SSL support for secure communication: The web application is made secure by using SSL. The application is fully compliant with SSL-based data transfer.